Forte offers a variety of manufacturing services to help create custom projects for a variety of industries.
Short-to-medium production runs
CNC turning and milling
Fabrication including welding and assembly
Short lead times
What we do
Design, CNC Milling, CNC Lathe, Welding, Heat Treating, Assembly, Press Work
- Concept of tools can be provided with quote
- Complete CAD and drawings provided with completed tools
- Work with a number of formats, including STEP, IGES, X_B, and DXFs
- Designs approved before fabrication begins
- Vertical Milling centres capable of machining molds up to 50” x 69” and 4000lbs
- 4th-axis machining
- High-feed milling
- Machining of hardened tool steels
We also have CNC Lathe Turning centers that help run prototypes in addition to small-and-medium production runs.
- Live tooling
- Bar feeder
- Capacity to swing 20” diameters by 60” long
Forte offers many kinds of welding, whether it’s ARC, MIG, or TIG. Our team of welders have many years of experience working with a variety of metals.
- MIG (mild steel, stainless, and aluminum)
- Silver solder and brazing
- Two high-temperature ovens: 12” x 12” x 20” capacity
- Offer water, air, and oil quench heat treating of tool steels and some grades of stainless steel.
- Can source and/or manufacture all components of assemblies
- Can assemble larger machines, including gearboxes, motors, conveyors, and production-line components
- Hydraulic press
- Punch press
- Press brakes
- Die work and smaller forming work
What we use
Materials we work with
- Mild steels (44W, A36, A588)
- Tool steels (A2, D2, 4140, 4340, S7, O1, W1, 8620)
- Ductile Iron
- Aluminum (5052, 7075, 6061)
- Work hardening steels (AR400, Hardox)
- Stainless Steel (304, 316, 303, 17-4PH, 410,420,440)
- Plastics (HDPE, Acetal, UHMW, Teflon, PVC, Peek, Garolite, and more)
Our demand exceeded our capacity and UltraSpan needed to find an alternative to meet that requirement. Outsourcing was a solution, and Forte helped deliver.
Forte has been a tremendous help when it comes to prototyping new parts that are currently unavailable in the market. We have relied on their expertise to help us develop solutions to customer problems and have been able to trust the quality of work. We have used Forte for production size opportunities and small jobs, and we are never disappointed. With Forte as a partner, we know that our expectations will be met or often exceeded.
Assistant Branch Manager, Source Atlantic Ltd.
If you’re looking for a custom tool or machine, feel free to reach out to Forte and see how we can help bring your idea to life.
1561 Clarence Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 1T5
M-T: 7:30am - 4:00pm
F: 7:30am - 2:00pm